Sunday, September 9, 2018

Inside Ski Training Center, Leesburg VA


I waited until after the summer to write this post, and in all honesty, I am happy that I didn’t jump to write this place up.  Now that summer is over, whenever people ask me what I did during the summer, the first and most unique activity that comes to mind is my indoor snowboarding lesson at the Inside Ski Training Center in Leesburg. From the reservation process to the fitting of the boots to the actual lesson, the employees were friendly and patient.

I did not know what to expect when I got there as I pulled up to a shopping center with a small storefront, but when I went inside, they directed me to the back to a separate room. The room was a big slanted treadmill that had an electronic keypad. Our instructor checked us in and explained how to put on the boots, the board, and how the process would work. The instructor was very friendly, and assured us that it would be safe. On a side note, a great benefit to doing indoor snowboarding is that you can do it any time of year and that you don’t have to be heavily layered in clothing, only needing a long sleeve shirt and pants (to protect during falls).

As our lesson begun, the guide explained the details of the different techniques that we would be using.  advanced snowboarders. This was great to know so that if we decided to take classes rather than a one-time lesson, we could advance to tricks. We felt safe the whole time, and the hour lesson went by very quickly. This does require a decent amount of endurance, and you will be tired and sore when you are done, but it was a great workout, and a fun experience and I would definitely go back again!

Pricing:
They offer different rates for private or group lessons, and the prices also differ between childrens and adults prices.


To return to the Family Fun in MD and Beyond website, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment