Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sandy Point State Park in Maryland


I decided I couldn't let the summer pass without taking my 2 year old son to the beach. I did some quick research, and picked the beach that seemed closest to DC, called Sandy Point State Park, in Annapolis (which of course means it's not too far from Baltimore either). The entrance fee is $4.00 for state residents, and children that come in car seats are admitted free (at least that's what the nice woman at the gate said, I'm not sure if there's an actual age limit). The beach was very clean, inhabited almost entirely by families and had 2 lifeguards per tower, and there were at least 2 towers. The beach was not rocky, the sand was great to play with using buckets and shovels and the water, while murky, seemed reasonably clean. The beach has a fantastic view of the Bridge that leads from Annapolis to eastern Maryland. There were also clean bathrooms with showers and a concession stand that also rented/sold(?) beach supplies. And there was a park with a large jungle gym. I highly recommend.

Read more about Sandy Point State Park here.
To return to the homepage and find more great places for kids, click here
Cost/Value


Customer Service

2 comments:

  1. come visit chicago next summer! we got a beach 15 minutes from home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's the best. I hate that I moved to Washington. Everything is so far away.

    ReplyDelete